47 Foster Street, Marblehead, MA 01945
Phone: 781-631-1400 Fax: 781-631-1575
Club Areas & Information
2017 Regatta Calendar
Coaching & Clinics
Race Committee Sign Up
Schedule and Dates
Jr. Sailing Registration
Policies & Rules
Dining Menus & Wine List
Gift Shop Online
View My Statement
Post Date: Wednesday, July 05, 2017
Leukemia Cup, Pursuit Race #2
We had a great turnout for the 1st Annual Marblehead Leukemia Cup Regatta (LCR) Pursuit Race Series on June 16th to support the fight against blood cancers. While the weather cancelled the race, we had a memorable “post-race” party with great food and drink! The second and third installments of the series are coming up on July 7th and August 11th, and we have some great and fun incentives and rewards that come with your participation! Learn more below and
1. After racing join us back at the EYC Sailing Center for free hamburgers, hot dogs, and all the fixings’’ as well as complementary Dark ‘N’ Stormy’s at the Gosling’s sponsored Happy Hour.
2. The first ten boats that register for Race # 2 will receive a Leukemia Cup Regatta Tervis Tumbler
3. All sailors (skippers and crew) who participate in the July 7th race are eligible for a drawing for a set of Leukemia Cup Regatta (LCR) limited edition Bluetooth headphones, or LCR tote bag or LCR duffel bag. (You must be present at the post-race party to receive an entry for the drawing.)
4. Since the regatta is focused on fundraising to help The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) cure blood cancers, you will get an additional entry for every $100 that you have raised in support of LLS’s mission (based on your cumulative fundraising).
5. The top fundraiser for Pursuit Race #2 will receive a set of Bluetooth speakers. So, whomever raises the most funds from June 17th until July 7th will be the Race #2 prize winner! Congratulations to Rem Myers, the top fundraiser and winner of Bluetooth speakers for his Race #1 fundraising.
6. There will be a top fundraising award for race #3 given out on August 11th and we will have a cumulative fundraising award for the entire season.
7. Plus, all the regular fundraising incentives that you are eligible for when you reach certain fundraising levels of success as described on the Leukemia Cup Regatta web site.
8. If you build a one-design class of at least four boats, we will do incentive awards for that Class as well. So, Rhodes 19, J-105, and J-70 sailors: Don’t be left in the wake of the others…
Feel free to share this message with your fellow sailors. Looking forward to seeing you on July 7 and August 11.
to join us. Thank you for your support of the fight against leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
Alan McKinnon & Jack Cochrane
Eastern YC Leukemia Cup Regatta Pursuit Race Co-Chairs
Eastern Yacht Club. 47 Foster Street Marblehead, MA 01945 781.631.1400
47 Foster Street Marblehead, MA 01945 Phone: 781-631-1400 Fax: 781-631-1575
Copyright © 2017 All rights reserved Site by