Pictured is the Samoset House, one of the earliest dwellings on the neck. Originally a farm, in 1835 it consisted of a two story building, two large barns, an ice house and other buildings. The Eastern acquired the farm for $100,000, renovated it and offered it to members as rentals. In 1953 a suite at the Samoset cost $500.00 for the season. In 1976 it was razed to free up space for yacht storage.
View ALL History Facts about the EYC here. They are typically published to the site every two weeks.